Ad

Dangote approves Okonjo-Iweala’s WTO candidacy


 The President of the Dangote Family, Aliko Dangote, has endorsed the position of Director-General of the World Trade Organization ( WTO), former Minister of Finance and Economy, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.


The endorsement comes ahead of September 7 , 2020, the second step of the selection process.


In a tweet yesterday Dangote wrote: "A vote for her by all is a step in the right direction. I fully endorse Okonjo Iweala-Iweala's candidacy for WTO lead.


"In these difficult times, WTO needs Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala 's renowned skills and proven expertise to lead the organization through defined barriers and improve its role as the leading foreign trade facilitator. The candidate said: "I know I've got the wind behind my back.


I have been having constructive talks all over. Now there is an opportunity for change and recognition beyond where the WTO now sits. 


I have a passion for how trade lifts millions out of poverty. The former Nigerian minister is one of eight (and one of three) candidates in the fray for WTO Director-General 's post.


1 comment:

Type text