Ad

  Katy Perry Dishes on How 'delighted' Orlando Bloom is In becoming a Girl Dad



Katy Perry reveals how happy her fiancé, Orlando Bloom, is in front of a couple welcoming their baby girl and where they are with baby names. During an interview on Mix 104.1's Karson & Kennedy, the rapper, who is expecting the couple's first child together in coming weeks, dished the latest on her pregnancy

While Bloom is already a parent of 9-year-old son Flynn from his earlier marriage to Australian model Miranda Kerr, Perry said the actor Lord of the Rings is excited about the possibility of becoming a daddy child.

"I think the little girl is very excited about him," she said. "They 're saying little girls are, you know, the little girl of daddy. That's how it is going to be. We 're going to see."
The singer added that while she is just as excited as Bloom, she also feels "every emotion under the sun," as she is preparing for motherhood amid the pandemic coronavirus and social unrest.

"I was overwhelmed, I was nervous, I was happy, I was overjoyed, I was depressed — I was all that," she said. "The world is just a wild time, and it's a wild time to bring life into the world. I mean, people already had those kinds of conversations years ago, where it's like, 'Man, the world feels a little uncertain.' And now, it really feels shaky boots."
As for baby names, Perry described why the couple have not yet locked the little girl in a name.

"We still have to make a specific decision on her name because I think we have options and she'll tell us... I'll look at her and go, 'Oh yeah, yeah, you're her. You're that,'" said Perry.
In March, Perry announced her pregnancy via her music video "Never Wear White." He said in May that being quarantined with a pair of young children helped prepare her for motherhood. She had been working on her upcoming fifth studio album while pregnant. She joked that she's unsure which will come first — her baby girl or the album, since it was released Aug. 14.

The positive professional and personal era follows a difficult time during which, in the morning, Perry found it hard to get out of bed. Battling depression and wondering if she would, "live to see the next day," some of her new music was inspired by the turmoil. "It's about discovering my smile again and coming out of the darkest part of my life where I've been clinically depressed," she said of the new album, whose name is also still under wraps. "I was on drugs, I was in bed, I couldn't get out of bed, I didn't know if the next day I 'd be seeing live.

I had to make a happy face on and play that part, just like you do. With my family, with Orlando, with other assistance, with therapists, and emotionally doing some deep diving on some of the things I 'd all seen.

1 comment:

Type text