Ad

Stars with LGBTQ children


Throughout the years many Celebrities and sports stars have spoken out to share their love of lesbian , gay , bisexual, transgender and queer girls. Find out which celebrities supported their LGBTQ children — and the few who haven't — beginning with this former NBA player and his wife as an actress ... Dwyane Wade publicly shared his support for one of his daughters, now known as Zaya, when on April 7, 2019, wife Gabrielle Union took her stepchild to the annual Miami Beach Pride Festival. (Zaya 's mother is Siohvaughn Funches, Dwyane's first wife.)

"We embrace each other with Pride," Dwyane stated on his Instagram Story at the time — who was angry that he couldn't be there because he had a game out of town. In an appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" in February 2020, Dwyane revealed further and clarified that Zaya, who was born in 2007, had chosen to change pronouns. "[Zaya was] initially called Zion, raised as a kid — came home and said, 'Hey, I want to talk to you guys. I think I'm ready to live my truth going forward. I want to be referred to as she and her, I'd love you guys to call me Zaya.

Dwyane expressed his unswerving love for his kid earlier in the series. "In the LGBTQ+ world, I and my wife Gabrielle Union are proud parents of a boy, and we are both proud allies," he said. Continue reading for more LGBTQ-kids stars.


Cynthia Bailey 's daughter Noelle Robinson, whose dad is actor Leon Robinson, came out as sexually fluid on the Nov. 10 episode of "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" "People are trying to box us in and place tags on it all, but I don't really do that," Noelle, who started exploring her sexuality at Howard University during her fresh year, told her mom during an emotional discussion. 

"I just like who I like, and that's just what it is. There's a lot of attractive guys around here and there's a lot of attractive girls out there." Cynthia made it clear she's assisting her daughter ... "I just want you to be happy, Noelle," said the star of the "RHOA," as People magazine published.

"I just want you to be happy, Noelle," said the star of the "RHOA," as People magazine observed. "When you find an incredible young lady, that's a blessing. It's a blessing when you find an incredible young man. As long as they're pleasant folks, and they help and love you."


In a 22 June 2018 Instagram post celebrating her child's graduation from the University of Chicago, "Sex and the City" star-turned-politician Cynthia Nixon shared her love for son Seph who is transgender. "I am so grateful of my son Samuel Joseph Mozes (known as Seph) who graduated from college this month," wrote Cynthia. "I congratulate him and everyone else today marking # TransDayofAction. # TDOA." Seph, who was born in 1996 to Samantha, is one of two children Cynthia had with former husband Danny Mozes. She and wife Christine Marinoni also have a third child, Max.

"I'm very happy of him," she said of Seph to Us Weekly in April 2019, explaining that her eldest still lives in Chicago where he's "making a living in the theatre." Cynthia explained that when she first publicly revealed Seph 's new gender identity in 2018, "There was some general, you know, expressing support but basically it wasn't a big deal.


Star R&B R. Kelly has three children with ex-wife Drea Kelly, a dancer-turned-reality TV star fans knew from "Hollywood Exes." Their then-13-year-old middle girl, who was born Jaya, unveiled a new name in a series of 2014 posts on Ask.fm. He described that while born female, since age 6 or 7, he would have been classified as male. "I went out to my [mom] via a text and then I told her when I felt more relaxed," Jay stated. "I informed her that I knew she 'd love me no matter what, she didn't criticize me once in life. She 'd always tell me she 'd love me and always be who I am.

The teen also acknowledged that he was "somewhat afraid" to tell his wealthy father that they had a complicated relationship, although he felt the singer "probably knows." However, a few weeks later, R. Kelly appeared to refute the claims of his transgender wife, saying to a radio station, "You just don't want to open it up by saying that my daughter is becoming my mother. You know what I'm saying? ... Just believe what you see, that's through your own eyes. Just believe what you see. That's the best way to do this business. I've heard a lot of stuff about a lot of people, and that's never been valid."

But later in the interview, he expressed support for all his family, saying, "Whatever they are or who they are, they 're still your family, you love them, you know? You have to help them. You want to help them. ... It's not about me anymore at the end of the day. It's about three beautiful, beautiful kids that I'm in love with and that's in love with me.

1 comment:

Type text